There are some key ideas that we must have an understanding of throughout this unit. These have been put on SOLO hexagons:
On the back of each card, we need to DEFINE and DESCRIBE each key idea. In the coming weeks, we will learn more about each of these and be asked to EXPLAIN the links between each of these key ideas.
Over the weekend, we were asked to watch two YouTube videos about Astronomy/Space. We also watched the start of a video, called Exodus Earth. Today, we were also given two pieces of paper and asked to write down two idea or questions that we want to know more about.
Mr Nicoll is going to use these pieces of paper to design the "teaching" part of the unit; hopefully we will get to learn about things we are really interested in!!
The key areas of interest are:
- The Big Bang Theory
- Black Holes
- The Death of Stars (not the Death Star...haha!)
- Exodus Earth (Why? Are there other options?)
- Earth (Its formation and why it is how it is: rotation; tectonic plates; the atmosphere...)
The format of each lesson will be:
- Learn about one of our interests (from the green pieces of paper).
- Work on our own Research Project OR
- Work on the links between the hexagons